Sunday, January 1, 2012

I choose

2011 is a year I choose not  to remember by my marriage almost falling apart twice, but that I made my 4 year anniversary and our family is still in tact. I choose not to remember it by being diagnosed with an incurable disease, how scared I was or that I thought I really might die, but that I am dealing with this auto immune disease.
I choose to be greatful that this disease is mine and not my kids or anyone else I love. The good thing about having control issues is that I can be happy that this is my issue and I dont feel helpless that its not me. I would take the peoples I love pain away in a heart beat and maybe thats what God is doing, giving me their pain they may would have had and manifesting it in my disease and that is fine with me. But who knows?
I choose to remember that the information I now have through experience and everything I have taught myself can help others who have questions and may be going through similar experiences.
And very importantly, I choose to remember that I need to listen to my body and when I dont feel good something is really wrong. I choose to know that good days are few and far between and to make the most of them.
I choose to accept this for what it what it is, managable.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Natalie!
    I also was diagnosed in 2011, well actually December of 2010. Anyway I just wanted to let you know I'll be following you and starting a blog of my own. I did a little in the begining of last year. I wish you the best of luck with your studies and your home.

    Julie
    I dont know how to do this yet so thats why it has to be listed as anoymous

    ReplyDelete