Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Overdrive

First off if your reading this, please leave a comment and let me know your reading! Talking without an audience might mean im crazy! =)
I have been a busy little bee in my head here lately! I have made 2 decisions in the last 2 days. First of all, I am going to finish my degree off with a bachelors in science- pyschology and a masters in science- genetic counseling. Most people have no clue what a genetic counselor is. They are people that can test your genetics for diseases and stuff like that on your babies and neonatals too. If you had health issues that are genetic they could run test and tell you how probable it is that they will return or that you will give it to your kids, but this isnt the part of the job I want. I want to work in an oncology center and/or rheumatology center with people that are trying to figure out their diagnosis (like me) and help people with cancers understand their diagnosis and test for others and give them the probablity of a relapse or anything else. From experience, I know that a rheumtologist center needs a genetic counselor becuase you know something autoimmune is wrong and your being diagnosed with more than one thing, there are so many questions that you have and tests you want to talk about and just all these things running through your mind, but by the time you get to the doctor you have forgot half of them or dont have time to talk about them. Or like my oncologists does to me, if I ask something he doesnt want to answer becuase of how I may feel about it he justs says, "Well, lets just see what the test results are and we will talk about it from there." I freak out less knowing exactly what may happen to me and exactly what they are looking for. I want someone that is there to be my advocate and friend through this process than can answer my questions. I looked up what classes I need to get started with all this I will be taking speech to finish off my associates, 2 different psychologys and general chem. I can take all these at Frank Phillips online but will probably have to start online classes at Wayland Baptists next semester for my bachelors.
I also decided that we will be tiling the floors in the new house before we ever move in. I am going to put a concrete board over the linolium er however ya spell it and tile over it instead of trying to scrap everything up from the floor thats already there. We would have to put the board down anyways might as well skip a part. Then im going to put hard wood floors through the living room and dining room, and tile the front bathroom which has carpet in it right now. Im not about to let Landen have the bathroom with carpet so make my house smell like pee. We know people that know how to do it so it will really just cost us the materials becuase people want an arm and a leg to tile a room. I got a quote just the little bitty bathroom and kitchen would be 1500-2000 and thats saying the kitchen was just 150 sq ft but I figured out its more like 225. The materials for the bathroom and kitchen will maybe cost us alittle over 500 im not paying 1500 in labor thats ridiculous. Im really excited to get to make this home mine and do it exactly the way I want it. Cody could care less what I do buts hes a little sore that im painting ALL the paneling which means the whole dang house! He likes the natural look of the wood or some crap. To me its to much wood and its outdated. I want normal walls. I will have to fill in the cracks of the paneling and then paint. I have ideas for every room but still dont know about the kids bathroom, I need to start looking around for ideas that would work for a kids/guest bath. And I hope we get to use the hot tub at least once this winter!!! Its gonna take some cleaning since it hasnt been used in like AT LEAST 6 years but we can do it and if my friends want to get in it ill have some help cleaning it lol. I also will have to put a border on the pond thats in the back yard. I have no idea why they took the border down but it needs one. I think I may take the deck all the way out to the pond and put flowers around the border of the pond. I havent decided fully what I will do with it yet. Any ideas?
Hopefully we know exactly what is going on with the loan tomorrow or the next day. If the credit score isnt in tomorrow I may choke someone.=)
Im so excited for this FANTASTIC year ahead of me! After 2011 I deserve a break
.

No comments:

Post a Comment