Monday, August 22, 2011

School starts, 1st visit with Ramos

Haileys first day of school I dropped her off and she was very excited to go! I could not get over the way people were looking at me like "What did she do to herself?" Its very hard to go through what prednisone does to you, and I didnt need people reminding me of what I looked like, just let me enjoy my childs first day of school. I know I should have been able to just get over it and deal with my kids first day of school, but I did, it was after I left her at her class room that everyone seen me leaving and gave me all the looks. Its just hard.
Today was my first appointment with a rheumatologists that can diagnose any autoimmune diseases I may have other than ITP. We suspect Lupus becuase my history of infections, my white count being consistently low with my platelets, my hair falling out before the prednisone started, my joint pain, and these weird rashes I get on my legs when ive been in the sun to long or get out of the tanning bed which is a sign of lupus through sun sensitivity. Dr Ramos was kind of hard to understand but overall it was a good visit. He poked my pressure points and all of them hurt, I said no to a couple where he didnt think i was crazy. He ordered blood work and a back xray since thats the joint that seems to hurt the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment