Monday, August 8, 2011

Oh happy day!

All I can think of when I go to my doctors appointment is please leave me alone for at least a week. Just leave me alone. Get me off all this shit and leave me alone. I know hes going to try to schedule a splenectomy. I am sitting there about to throw up and have a panic attack when the doctor walks in and says, "LETS DO SURGERY!"   OMG WHAT!! My platelets are at a 106 which is no where near normal but ok for my gallbladder surgery! I am sent to a surgeon who I would recommend to anyone for anything! HIs name is Dr McKinney In amarillo! He was great and explained everything and knew all about my situation and assured me I would be fine! Not once did I ever feel scared with him doing my surgery! He kept saying, do you need this? (talkin about my belly button ring scar) and I kept answering no. I was sent to do my pre op blood work and another chest xray was not needed thank goodness.
I guess I need to see this is the day my grandpa got bad. He had been dealing with colon cancer that was spreading for some time now, and we got a call during all of this saying he had fell and that Meals on Wheels had found him thank goodness. We are agravated we werent called sooner and we didnt know how we could get him picked up from the emergency room in Borger when im preoping at BSA. Thats the day they told us he couldnt stay by hisself anymore.
Also, Im at BSA becuase none of my doctors were comfortable with me having the surgery in Borger, they wanted me as close to Coffee Memorial blood center as they could get me.

No comments:

Post a Comment