Monday, July 25, 2011

IVIG


I have an appointment at 8 am to go to Texas Oncology to see another hema becuase Dr. Periman is out of town and my platelets are falling quickly. They decided to do an IVIG treatment. IVIG stands for IV Immuno globin which is people donated antibodies. The treatment is very expensive and takes thousands of donors to make one treatment. The purpose is to see if these antibodies will kill the antibodies that are marking my platelets for death in my spleen. Im hooked up to an IV, given a bag of fluids, IV benadryl (in case of an allergic reaction) and then oral tylenol. They then start my treatment. I dont have a reaction but I have to be given a baby heel warmer becuase the fluid is so cold going into my arm my muscle is cramping. Meanwhile I KNOW I need to be sent to a rheumatologists that something is definitely wrong and no one besides Dr. Weber wants to listen to me. So today, Im having all these side effects of prednisone, ive gained about 20 lbs in a few weeks becuase of it, and my face IS HUGE! And I dont mean just kinda swollen fat i mean HUGE. I looked deformed literally. I couldnt wear my contacts becuase the prednisone messed with my vision and my face was so fat my glasses squeezed my head and gave me headaches on top of all the other things I was dealing with. I cant win.
After coming home very exhuasted and taking a nap, I wake up feeling like I have allergies and a slight cold, other than that im ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment