Monday, June 27, 2011

...and so it begins.

I was getting ready to go to Amarillo for Haileys eye doctor appt, when Dr. Quiros called and said, "Are you ready for your surgery tomorrow?" I was like yeah maybe my stomach will feel better. Then he says, "Well we are going to have to cancel becuase your bloodwork came back abnormal." Really.. why did you ask me if I was ready for surgery then? And what do you mean abnormal, can them idiots not do anything right? He kept telling me something about platelets and ITP but i couldnt understand him very well. After I got over thinking it was the idiots at the lab all I could think was leakemia and I was scared and overwhelmed. They had scheduled me an appointment with a hematologists (what the crap was that anyway?) at 2 for that day in Amarillo since I would be over there anyways. We get over there and its a blood doctor at Texas Oncology which was scared all by itsself. He tells me its probably not anything MAJOR and that he thinks I have ITP. ITP stands for Immune Thrombo something purpura. Basically it says, my immune system is killing my own platelets and bruising. So we ran abunch of tests ranging from autoimmune test to std's. So im feeling a little relieved.

No comments:

Post a Comment