Thursday, June 23, 2011

Hidascan

Dr. Quiros called me and he said he was positive that it needed to come out, but to make SURE SURE he wanted to do a hida-scan to see how well it was functioning. I went and and was set up with an iv, which I almost passed out on, and then dye was injected into me. I laid there for like 30 minutes while a machine scanned over my body to see the dye in my organs. Then they put a hormone that makes your body thinks you have just ate that makes you sicker than crap for about a minute. I kept telling that woman I was going to throw up on her table, she kept telling me I wasnt going to, guess she was right. A few minutes later I felt completely normal, the scan was over, and she took my iv out. She told me she couldnt "officially" tell me anything, but it didnt look like my gallbladder was functioning at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment